Friday, March 27, 2015

I will never forget buying my first car!

The story behind my first car is a hilarious compilation of ups and downs! It’s something I will never forget.

The first car that I bought was a 2001 Audi A6, and it was a fantastic used car, one of the best I’ve ever had. But me being a young teenager, I decided to buy the car as a manual which was a huge mistake as I’ve never driven manual prior to this vehicle. So after driving it home with my Dad all I wanted to do was pick up my friends and show it off to them. So when I finally left the house I was driving and there was a bunch of traffic, my dad kept telling me to be careful while driving manual as it can be very dangerous if you mess up, but I didn’t listen and was confident in my “driving skills.” So after about ten minutes of driving, and a whole bunch of mess-ups with the gear shifting, I was making a left turn and while I was in the middle of the turn I messed up the clutch and the car stopped in the middle of the road while turning. I immediately panicked and had to turn on my blinkers and get someone to help me move it out of the way of the road. I was too scared to call my dad about this, so I started to try to fix this myself and called my friend to help me out, luckily the same problem had happen to him and he told me to unplug the battery and re-plug it then try turning on the engine, which worked! It’s something I will never forget and thanks to that I was more careful while driving manual.
What’s the most interesting story you have on your first car

2 comments:

  1. What a funny story. I think no one ever forgets their first car. Mine was a boring Honda Accord. Boring because all my friends had "cooler" cars, but I think my parents were right to encourage me to buy it. It was reliable and a safe choice, even if not very cool.

    Victoria Robbins @ Diviniti Auto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! My first car was a 1997 Chevy Corsica that I bought used for $1,500. It ran on only one cylinder, but I drove it all the way from Illinois to Florida for college in 2009! I ended up selling it for $800 to a local guy, and I can still hear and see it sputtering around town sometimes!

    ReplyDelete